The Information We Collect About You
Personal data includes any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. In order to fulfil our contract with you, we shall collect from you, then securely store and use the following types of information about you :
- Identity Details such as name and title
- Contact Details such as address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Financial Details. We do not store personal bank details but do retain debit and credit card payment slips, which are stored securely.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religion, political views, sexual orientation or health).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We shall only use your personal information for the following purposes :
- To administer and manage our relationship with you in order to fulfil our contract with you
- To deal with any future enquiries we receive from you about that contract
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in the case of non-payment
We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as tradesmen. In certain circumstances, we may be required to share that information with other third parties such as
- If we are legally obliged to, or in response to a request from a governmental authority
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Timbercraft, our staff, our customers, or others
- To protect your interests, or someone else’s interests
- To recover an outstanding debt
- During the sale or restructuring of the business
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
Under data protection laws, you have various rights, including rights to :
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you (we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information)
- Request us to amend any inaccurate personal information about you
- Request us to delete personal information about you
- Request us not to use your personal information for analytical purposes
Our Data Controller is Deb Tovey who can be contacted via email@example.com.
- We shall store your information electronically and in the form of a paper file
- The paper files are retained for 10 years and then securely destroyed
- Electronic details are held on computers which are password protected. There is no time limit on the retention of these details so that they can be referred to if, for instance, you have a query in the future on the date the contracted work was carried out
We do not pass any personal information on to third parties for marketing purposes
We do not collect personal information from our website.
Other Sites and Social Media
Security and Storage
We shall do our best to protect your personal information and take appropriate measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing, but cannot guarantee the security of any information which is transmitted to our website via an internet or similar connection
We shall notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach of security where we are legally required to do so